Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sweet Almond Oil, Beauty every Bottle!

After searching for oil for my hair that was 100%  natural and free of many strange ingredients I decided to check out the essential oils in the aromatherapy section at the health fod store.
I found exactly what I wanted Sweet almond oil,  which comes from dried kernals from a tree called pruns amygdalus. There are so many things in the oil thats beneficial  essential fatty acids,  vitamins E, calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and much more.
I have sensitive skin and it doesnt irritate my skin. I also have dark circles under my eyes,  and I find the oil helps me alot.

Here are some ways to use Sweet Almond Oil, I paid about  5 bucks for a bottle of 4 oz.

● After washing your face apply a few drops of almond oil and rub it under your eyes to lighten circles, you can also put some on a cotton ball and put all over your face. I usually do this before bed it won't make your skin oily and will absorb over night.

● If you have dry or damaged hair apply a dime sized amount of oil in the palm of your hand and distribute thru hair focusing on the ends. Do this after shampooig or styling, you may need more or less depending on your hair length. Do not put in before styling hot tools and oil will fry your hair. I usually put it in my hair after washing just to keep in moisturized and I do not use a straightener until I wash it out.

● Can use before washing hair put 1-2 tbsp in hair and massage in scalp working to ends, u can put ur hair in a plastic cap or even over night before washing. You can use a mixture of oils including jojoba or cold pressed olive oil, I like mixing jojoba and sweet almond oil and putting it in my hair for 30 min in a plastic cap. Your hair will ♡ it, u mihht need to wash it twice to get the oil out, depending on how it feels you may not need to condition your hair afterwards.

● You can make a sugar scrub to exfoliate dead skin just mix a few tablespoons of Sweet almond oil and sugar to make a consistency like cosmetic body scrub, you can even make gifts of foot/body sugar scrub, buy putting the scrub in little jars with bows makes a great homemade gift.

● Massage oil!!!  You can use this oil as hypoallergenic massage oil, which wil not make you break out and moisturize the skin.  I put this all over my face and it reduces the appearance of breakouts and scarring it has in no was clogged my skin or irritated it and I have very sensitive skin, so with that in mind as a massage oil its excellent choice.

● Mix with your favorite lotion before applying to your skin for extra nourishment.  I put a few drops in my hand with lotion and mix it before applying.

So go buy a 5 dollar bottle of Sweet almond oil and try it out, post your thoughts, comments, or experience with almond oil as a cheap beauty product.

No comments:

Post a Comment